This DreamStation Heated Humidifier by Philips Respironics got you covered with some of the best features
DreamStation Heated Humidifier by Philips Respironics Features
- Dry Box Technology: The philips dreamstation heated humidifier use the dry box technology. It will minimize or eliminate water damages that may occur in your humidification system. The humidifier works with the philips dreamstation series and will easily trap your water within its walls. This is efficient as it prevents the water from traveling in the humidifier connection or through the machine.
- Heated Tubing: There is the heated tubing for an increased therapy comfort. This tubing will help you to maintain the heat and the moisture levels at commendable points. As such, you will experience a cool therapy with no more rainout.
- The Heated Tube maintains the temperature of the air delivered to the patient, Preventing Rainout, even if the temperature in the room drops during the night. If the humidifier is not being used, the heated tube can be connected directly to the machine, though will not heat.
- Standard Heating Mode: The humidifier is easy to set on a standard heating mode operation. This is great at providing constant heating levels throughout your night therapy. Thanks to the humidifier’s heated tube heat settings that range between 0 to 5 and which provides the highest levels of flexibility.
- Apart from the standard mode: the heated humidifier also offers several other options that you can choose from such as:
- Adaptive Mode: Monitors the ambient humidity and auto adjusts heat levels
- Preheat Mode: Heats the humidifier for 30 minutes prior to starting your therapy
- Fixed Mode: Allows you enjoy a constant heat from the humidifier’s heated plate
- Large Water Chamber: A 325mL large water chamber is available at the center of this humidifier. It is a removable and easy to clean water chamber. You should clean it using warm water and also mild detergent once a week. Once it is washed, let it completely dry out before you put it back. Do not dry it under direct sunlight or heat.
- Whisper Quiet Sound Levels: You won’t irritate your sleeping partner if you have this smart humidifier. Thanks to its ability to give out the whisper quiet sound levels. This machine is one of the quietest that you can get in the market today. It provides the most restful and highly comfortable good night sleep. The motor delivers under 25.8 decibels with a working average pressure.
Why is the philips dreamstation heated humidifier ideal for apnea sleep therapy patients?
Heated humidification technology is an extra comfort feature which helps to eliminate any dryness and also irritation is often associated with sleep apnea therapy devices. It comes with a simple to use chamber tub that you can use on your heated humidifies to get a seamless operation.
Heated humidifiers can be used with several other CPAP models but you have to find out if your CPAP machine is compatible.
Can I use my sleep apnea therapy machine when I am suffering from a cold?
Yes. You can use your CPAP machine when you have a cold. CPAP machines will help in providing a quick relief from both cold and flu. It will eliminate chest congestions, severe coughing, and sore throat.
However, when suffering from cold or flu, it is recommended that you use a full face mask for your sleep apnea therapy. The full face mask is recommended for the people who breathe through their mouths such as when suffering from flu.
What happens if you notice that the water in your CPAP runs out?
The water in your CPAP machine shouldn’t run out before the therapy is finished or before you wake up. If it does, then it can mean only one thing, either your CPAP pressure is high or that the humidifier’s temperature is high.
You may want to check the two and adjust them accordingly. Lowering the heat settings will enable you to have slower evaporation and as such eliminate any chances of you running out of the water early.