This ResMed CPAP gel pad got you covered with some of the best features
Resmed CPAP Gel Pad Features
- Dilutes mask pressure: The intricate design of the ResMed CPAP gel pad reduces the amount of pressure imposed by the mask on the nasal area. It is placed at the bridge of the nose before a patient puts on the mask. This avoids any inconvenience caused by masks with an irritable rigid structure. Thus, the bridge of the nose is relieved of the pressure thereby allowing comfort and restfulness.
- Moisturizing cushion: The nasal pad is made of polymer gel which comprises of USP Grade Mineral Oil. For patients with sensitive skin, applying masks for long periods can cause the skin to flake. Also, the mineral oil composition of the ResMed Gecko nasal pad moisturizes the skin and avoids any skin damage or irritation. It is also a latex-free and silicone-free product designed especially for sensitive skins.
- Avoids sores: Using masks with a rigid frame and structure persistently can put a lot of pressure on the nasal area. This pressure causes sore-formation and red marks that are painful furthermore. The structure and composition of the ResMed CPAP gel pad dissolve the amount of mask pressure experiences in the nasal area. Thus, it avoids sore formation and enhances comfort.
- Prevents Skin Breakdown: Skin breakdown is one of the common problems faced by patients that need to wear masks.ResMed Gecko nasal pad is hypoallergenic and thus helps in eliminating soreness and irritation. It also moisturizes and protects the skin of the nasal bridge from any damage. ResMed CPAP gel pad is soft and gentle thereby causing a soothing effect to the skin.
- Durable and leak-free: Mask leaks are a very common problem faced by patients. ResMed CPAP gel pad provides a gentle and stable structure that increases the mask seal capability. Also, it helps in avoiding unwanted leaks and sticks to the skin comfortably. The ResMed Gecko nasal pad can be easily washed using lukewarm water and mild soap.
How do I choose the size of the nasal pad?
A ResMed Gecko nasal pad comes in two sizes, small and large. It also has side flaps that lay below the eye and fit the patient’s face properly. An individual can determine the perfect fit by the dimensions and directions provided in the product description.
Are these suitable to wear only with ResMed nasal masks?
These nasal pads are suitable to wear for nasal masks as well as full-face masks. It gets gently attached to the skin with stability thereby providing constant support regardless of the mask’s brand. This makes the patients using ResMed Gecko nasal pad more therapy compliant.
Does long term use of ResMed CPAP gel pad cause soreness?
It is a latex-free and silicone-free product designed especially for sensitive skins. It is a gel polymer that contains USP Grade Mineral Oil which produces a moisturizing effect. Also, its soft cushiony texture prevents skin wrinkling, soreness, and red marks. ResMed CPAP gel pad is an irritation-free solution for comfortable sleep.
Are there any precautions to be taken care of while using a ResMed Gecko nasal pad?
A ResMed CPAP gel pad is highly durable and easy to use the product. However, there are a few points of cautions that an individual should keep in mind while using it.
- Avoid using any shampoo for cleaning purposes. Always use a mild soap.
- Do not wash it in a dishwasher.
- Do not heat it in a microwave.
- Avoid contact from open flames and direct sunlight.
- Keep away from the reach of small children.
- Avoid ingesting or placing it in the mouth.
What are the directions to wash a ResMed CPAP gel pad?
To clean a ResMed Gecko nasal pad the directions are given below:
- Wash the pad by applying a mild soap and using warm water.
- Rinse the pad using clear running water.
- Air-dry it and avoid its contact with direct sunlight.