A lot of people are getting nervous that there’s not enough ventilators to handle our population if the coronavirus was to hit us at the more massive scale than it already is.There are mixed messages when it comes to can a CPAP or a BiPAP machine be used to treat a patient that is ill with the coronavirus. It is no lie that currently there are not enough ventilators to treat respiratory issues due to the virus.Cpap Store Las Vegas understands how scary and difficult this can be. CPAP/Bipap are essential tools in the fight against Covid-19. Please see the big selections we offer in CPAP/Bipap Machines
What do you do if you cant get to a hospital if you are severely ill with corona?
Having an oxygen concentrator along with a Bipap machine can make the difference between life or death. Sustaining oxygen while waiting for emergency personnel to reach you is your best bet. Just in case. https://www.cpapstorelasvegas.com/product/simplygo-portable-oxygen-concentrator-philips-respironics/
If I have symptoms of the coronavirus, should I continue using my CPAP?
If you have symptoms of the coronavirus, you should isolate yourself in a separate bedroom and use a separate bathroom, if available. In this “recovery room,” you can continue to use CPAP while you sleep alone. Be sure to follow these steps for routine CPAP care:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after handling the CPAP device, mask, tubing and filters.
- Clean your CPAP equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Change filters and accessories as directed in your CPAP user guide.
- Avoid letting anyone smoke in your home, especially around the CPAP machine.
- Keep pets away from your CPAP machine.
- Use distilled water in your humidifier to keep the tub clean
Great video please watch!